At Teddy’s Pre-school we take privacy very seriously and we are currently in the process of updating all of our records (both written and computerised) to ensure that we meet the new data protection standards as named above by the date they come into force.
YMCA Bournemouth/Teddy’s Preschool are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO):
The categories’ of children’s information that we collect, hold and share include:
Personal information (such as name, address, date of birth)
Characteristics (such as ethnicity, language, nationality, country of birth, Early Years Pupil Premium eligibility and Early Education Funding eligibility)
Attendance information (sessions attended, absence dates and reasons for absence)
Observations, Assessment and Progress tracking and information
Information on special educational needs, disabilities or other additional needs (Including if accessing disability living allowance, which allows further access to the Disability Access Funding.)
Referrals to other relevant services and multi agencies
Safeguarding child and child protection information
We also collect, hold and share data on the children’s Parents and Carers:
Personal information (name, address, date of birth, contact numbers, emails)
National insurance/National asylum seekers number (If applying for particular funding initiatives)
We use and collect this information from our children and their families:
- To support their learning and development, so staff can extend the children’s learning, improve on their skills and knowledge
- To ensure that all children are safe within our care
- Monitor and report their progress
- Provide emotional and behavioural support as required
- Assess the quality of our services as a childcare provider
- Comply with the law regarding data sharing (GDPR)
- Meet the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum (EYFS)
- Make claims for funding
The lawful basis on which we collect and use children and families information:
- Contract The processing is necessary for a contract we have with you, the parents/carers of the child to provide childcare, and the contract that we as provider have with the local authority, to provide funded childcare to eligible families.
- Legal Obligation The processing is necessary for us to comply with the law (example submitting data for the early years census)
Collecting children’s information
While the majority of the children’s information you give to us is mandatory, some of it is provided on a voluntary basis. In order to comply with the GDPR, we will inform you if you are required to provide certain information to us, or if you have a choice.
Storing children’s data
We are required to hold children’s data for a reasonable period of time after the child has left our setting as a requirement under the EYFS curriculum.
As an early years registered provider we have a legal responsibility and statutory duty to be compliant with the EYFS statutory framework, OFSTED inspection requirement, HMRC, GPDR and LADO (Safeguarding). These obligations may override GPDR.
We have a retention policy which states our retention timelines for keeping data. At the end of the retention period we will delete all information from our systems and secure paper archive storage in a timely manner.
All children’s and families data will be held securely on site and will only be accessible to staff who are authorised to do so.
Who we share information with
We routinely share information with the following:
- Schools or other childcare providers in which your children attend, have attended in the past or will attend in the future.
- Our local authority (Bournemouth Borough Council)
- The department of Education (DofE)
- NHS service departments supporting children’s health and development
How to contact us
By email to Kerry.firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us on 01202 391500
Or write to us at Teddy’s Preschool, 34 Somerset Road, Bournemouth, BH7 6JJ
You can also contact YMCA Bournemouth if you would prefer to:
By email to email@example.com
Call us on 01202 290451
Or write to us at YMCA Bournemouth, Delta House, Westover Road, Bournemouth, BH1 2BS.