This course runs for three hours and thirty minutes from 1pm – 4.30pm and can serve a maximum of 20 people.
- An overview of the legislation including the Equality Act 2010
- Unpacking protected characteristics and what constitutes discrimination
- Exploring how our beliefs and values drive behaviour
- Discussion of appropriate behaviours and language
- Considering how inclusion and equality of opportunity can be improved
- Embedding equality and diversity within practice
This qualification is available to those over 14 years of age. No previous knowledge is required, although it is recommended that learners have a minimum of Level one literacy and numeracy or equivalent.
About the Qualification
YMCA Bournemouth has teamed with Alison Orman to deliver a training to support attendees to develop appropriate professional relationships in their work places. Alison is a qualified trainer with a background managing services in the disability and social care sectors.
Attendees will return to their workplace with an understanding of how equality and diversity issues impact on their workplace and the difference they can make in the areas of discrimination and inclusion.
- The Hinton Room, YMCA Bournemouth, Delta House, 56 Westover Road, Bournemouth, BH1 2BS
- Townsend Youth Centre, Jewell Road, Townsend, Bournemouth BH8 0LT
- The Stourvale Centre, 108 Stourvale Road, Bournemouth BH6 5JB
Attendees should remember to bring one form of photographic ID e.g. passport, driving licence, or two forms of non-photographic ID e.g. birth certificate, utility bill.
£25 per attendee (instant teas and coffee available).
There is no assessment for this course.
Dates to be confirmed.
To enquire, please call Martin Stockley on 07897 563473 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did you know?
The revenue generated from our training courses contributes to our charitable aims and our ability to make a positive impact on the lives of vulnerable people locally.
Fire Marshal Training • Equality and Diversity • Emergency First Aid at Work • Health & Safety • Manual Handling Loads at Work • Workplace Risk Assessment • CoSHH • Emergency Paedeatric First Aid • Professional Boundaries • Safeguarding
How You Can Help Us!
Since August 2020, over 600 individuals and representatives of local organisations achieved certification from YMCA Bournemouth and their partners.
Get in touch
56 Westover Road
Bournemouth BH1 2BS
07897 563473 or