This course runs for three hours and can serve a maximum of 12 people.
- Understand the hazards and risks associated with fire in the workplace
- Know how to use a range of fire controls
- Understand the importance of a prompt and safe evacuation of the workplace
- Know how to support individuals during an evacuation
- Understand the roles of the fire marshal in the workplace
- Practical use of water extinguisher, a fire blanket and a Co2 extinguisher
This qualification is available to those over 14 years. No previous knowledge is required, although it is recommended that learners have a minimum of Level one literacy and numeracy or equivalent.
About the Qualification
Employers are legally required to comply with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, and to have staff trained to assist with fire safety duties, such as firefighting and fire detection, evacuation and providing fire safety assistance. This nationally recognised course, regulated under OfQual, is designed for staff designated as Fire Marshals in the workplace.
Re-qualification is necessary after three year. Each learner will receive a personalised certificate.
The training will provide Fire Marshals with a thorough understanding of fire risks, how to prevent fires and how to safely evacuate a building. The course includes a practical element in the use of fire extinguishers.
- The Junction Sports & Leisure Centre, Station Approach, Broadstone BH18 8AX
Attendees should remember to bring one form of photographic ID e.g. passport, driving licence, or two forms of non-photographic ID e.g. birth certificate, utility bill.
There is a short multiple choice questionnaire to pass this course.
– Tuesday 21 November 2023 | 11:30 – 14:30
– Wednesday 31 January 2024 | 13:30 – 16:30
– Wednesday 28 February 2024 | 13:30 – 16:30
– Wednesday 24 April 2024 | 13:30 – 16:30
– Wednesday 12 June 2024 | 13:30 – 16:30
£85.00 per candidate.
All enquiries – please call Martin Stockley on 07897 563473 or email email@example.com. To secure space(s) – please call our Reception/Admin Team on 01202 777766 or 01202 076404. Debit/credit card details required for payment/securing place(s).
Did you know?
The revenue generated from our training courses contributes to our charitable aims and our ability to make a positive impact on the lives of vulnerable people locally.
CoSHH • Equality and Diversity • Fire Marshal • First Aid at Work • Health & Safety • Manual Handling • Microsoft Software • Paediatric First Aid • Professional Boundaries • Safeguarding • Social Media • Workplace Risk Assessment • National Pool Lifeguard Qualification • IOSH Working Safely
How You Can Help Us!
Since August 2020, over 600 individuals and representatives of local organisations achieved certification from YMCA Bournemouth and their partners.
Get in touch
56 Westover Road
Bournemouth BH1 2BS
07897 563473 or